Never train for a marathon withot a plan and one of the best and cheapest plans is available here. And so to some marathon tips from someone who has completed one!
Don't think you will run all the way. Many runners train with plans such as the one I used for the NJ Marathon Most Runners agree that it is great if you can run your first marathon course, or at least the last couple fmiles. However, that isn't always possible. You may have tried the course before but things can be different on the day.
Try to get to know the area beforehand, take a drive there and know your surroundings.
Make sure you have suitable clothes. Despite the warm temperatures when I completed the New Jersey Marathon there was times when I felt cold. Invest in breathable clothes, they will pay off.
Don't got running in brand new shoes straight away. Wear them in!!
And above all have fun!
Sunday, 3 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment